Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Deer Roadkill Warrior

Dear Auntie Belle,

I was out with my pals deer hunting, and we wasn't catching nothing because his hound dog is useless. After a while he wanders off and we waited and waited but no dog in site. Pretty soon we give up and headed for the car, when what do we hear but that dog yelping and tearing out through the underbrush just about as far away as we could still only just hear him. He come running out of the bushes next to the highway and scared up a deer, a big 8 pointer that runs into the road and a car hits him. The deer I mean not the dog.


So the dog comes back tail between his legs and the guy in the Chevy looks just the same. "I just hit me a deer, now what do I do with him?" And we said, we'd take it off his hands.


So that dog finally earned his keep.  But next time I'm gonna shoot that critter.


Should I let my friend bring his dog along or should we hunt over by the highway instead of down in the woods?

Deer Roadkill Warrior

Dear Deer,
Hunt the dog and leave the deer alone. My money's on the dog though. (You related to a guy calls himself, 'One-legged' by chance?)

Auntie Belle

Next:

No comments:

Post a Comment